Height:0.50cm - 1m
Full Sun/Part Shade
Plant ProfilePMA is delighted to announce the campaign to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Acacia 'Limelight' has been recognised in the 2012 Nursery and Garden Industry Awards.
read more about the awards >
One of the most popular varieties on the market today. The attractive lush foliage and compact habit makes Acacia 'Limelight' a great addition to any garden, rockery, container or broad scale landscape.
Acacia cognata 'Limelight' can be used for decorative impact at entrances and/or paved areas by growing in large tubs or containers. Ideal for contemporary, modern container designs as well as more traditional, rustic terracotta or wooden tubs.
• A stunning variety when mass planted along a fence, wall or path. Also effective individually in the garden or as a tub specimen
• Small gardens, patios and courtyards
• Year round interest for general garden use
• Native, exotic, oriental or tropical style garden designs
• Hardy for commercial landscaping projects
Cultural CareA. 'Limelight' is tolerant of most well drained soils including lime and prefers an open, full sun or part shaded position.Will tolerate light frosts. In frost prone areas, plant it in a position that offers some protection such as beside buildings, fences or other trees and shrubs. In humid climates, provide extra airflow by planting it in raised garden beds or containers.Use a low phosphate, high quality potting mix for containers, fertilising regularly in warmer months. A. 'Limelight' is best watered at the base and not overhead due to its dense habit. Container and garden plants can be pruned when required in the warmer months by removing a third to half of the foliage. Pruned plants look superb with their fresh light green pendulous foliage.
• Compact form - tight, mounded weeping habit
• Outstanding decorative foliage - fine, pendulous leaves in fresh lime green colour
• Year round ornamental value
• Dry tolerant
• Easy to grow with minimal maintenance
• Australian native
Pictures and information intended as a guide only.