2012 Marketing Award
National winner - Nursery and Garden Industry Awards
Press Release PDF >
View Acacia 'Limelight' Plant Profile >
PMA is delighted to announce the campaign to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Acacia 'Limelight' has been recognised in the 2012 Nursery and Garden Industry Awards. The campaign was awarded both the announced as the Victorian state winner and the overall winner of the prestigious National Marketing Award.
The 10th Anniversary campaign included complete rebranding of the label and all promotional material, a comprehensive marketing strategy to cement 'Limelight' as the original and most successful dwarf Acacia, full sales and support for growers and retailers, and a consumer competition which saw one lucky winner receive a $5000 trip to New Zealand.
PMA was keen to explore a marketing campaign that breathed new life into an existing variety in the marketplace, a long term staple that has performed consistently for 10 years. The marketing campaign has a direct impact on sales, increasing overall figures by 23%.
Feedback from the competition was fantastic:
• "Excellent branding and point-of-sale" - Gardenworld, VIC
• "The new label is fantastic" - Van Loons, VIC
• "The competition has been a real novelty for retailers, they don't get too many opportunities like this" - Westlands, TAS
• "Awesome label and branding" - Consumer, VIC
• "Very impressed with the label and the marketing material. The label was eye catching and certainly created interest." - Botanica, NSW
• "The response was positive and gave the customer and retailer a clear point of difference when choosing a plant." - Botanica, NSW
• "The new label is great. We especially liked the QR barcode. Everyone in the nursery was impressed with this" - Boomaroo, VIC
• "We estimate sales are up by 30%" - Gondwana, QLD
PMA would like to extend a special thank you the breeder of Acacia 'Limelight', Native Plant Wholesalers. NPW is a leader in developing groundbreaking Australian natives and we are proud to work closely with such an innovative breeding company.
Bourke's Back Yard 2012
Trucks with 'Limelight' signage